?DRAFT TRADE:Traded to New York Knicks
About Ignas Brazdeikis
Ignas Brazdeikis is an aggressive scoring forward with a reliable jump shot and great instincts as a slasher.? Born in Lithuania but a Canadian citizen, Brazdeikis averaged 14.7 points and 6.9 rebounds per game in a breakout performance at the 2016 FIBA U17 World Championship.? A consensus top-100 prospect in the high school class of 2018 attending the Nike Hoop Summit and Biosteel All-Canadian Game, the forward exceeded expectations in a major way in his only season under John Beilein averaging 14.8 points and 5.4 rebounds per game to earn Big Ten Freshman of the Year honors.?
- Possesses average size and length for a forward measuring 6’7.25 in shoes with a 6’9.25 wingspan and a significantly improved 221-pound frame at the NBA Draft Combine.? Capable athlete with a nice combination of strength, footwork, and physicality.
- Hard-working player who scored the ball at a strong rate as a freshman spacing the floor aggressively and hunting shots around the rim in a complementary role.? Posted impressive efficiency numbers showing great offensive instincts and a knack for scoring opportunistically in Michigan’s spacing-friendly offense.
- Plays with energy and intensity defensively.? Was not known for that early in his career but held his own for one of the country’s top defensive units this season.? Not the most polished defender off the ball, and lacks a degree of length in some matchups, but competes with a sense of urgency.
- Allowed 0.649 points per Isolation possession[69th percentile] as his intensity served him better on the perimeter than in the post last season.?
- Big Ten Freshman of the Year and All-Big Ten Second Team selection in 2018-19.
- Played at the 2018 Nike Hoop Summit.
- Represented Team Canada at 2016 U-17 FIBA World Championship and U-16 FIBA Americas.?
- Started all 37 games and paced Michigan in scoring (14.8 ppg).
- Shot 39.2 percent from three-point range, the 13th-best mark in the Big Ten.
- Scored a career-high 24 points in a win vs. North Carolina (Nov. 28).
- Ranked second on the team in rebounding (5.4 rpg) and three-pointers made (56).
- Helped Michigan to a 30-win season and Sweet 16 appearance.?
- As Senior, averaged 28.4 points and 8.4 rebounds while helping Orangeville Prep to a 22-10 record.
- Ontario Scholastic Basketball Association League MVP (2017, 2018) and OSBA Tournament MVP (2017).
- Orangeville has also produced NBA players Jamal Murray and Thon Maker.?
- Scores in a variety of ways.
- Strong feel for the game.
- Can shoot with range or straight-line drive.
- Plays with a natural aggression.?
- Born in Lithuania before moving to Chicago when he was 2 and Canada when he was 6.
- Avid fan of UFC and Conor McGregor.
- Father, Sigitas, was an amateur MMA fighter in Lithuania.?