DRAFT TRADE:?Traded to Washington Wizards
Admiral Schofield is a chiseled forward who improved steadily over his four seasons in Knoxville to emerge as one of the best shooters and all-around players in the SEC as a senior.? A fringe top-250 recruit in the high school class of 2015, Schofield nonetheless emerged as a regular starter in his first season at Tennessee averaging 7.6 points and 4.1 rebounds per game. Making a major jump as a junior, the London, England-born forward emerged as an all-conference performer last year before averaging 16.6 points and 6.1 rebounds per game as a senior under Rick Barnes this season to earn All-SEC 1st Team honors.
Brother, O’Brien Schofield, appeared in 141 games across 7 NFL seasons at linebacker.
Chris Dortch feature: Schofield hoping hard work pays off
- Possesses average size for a forward measured at 6’5.25 in shoes with a 6’9.75 wingspan at the Draft Combine, but has a powerful 241-pound frame that allows him to play a bit bigger.?? Good all-around athlete for his build.
- Played a significant role for Tennessee on the wing doing much of his damage as a floor spacer and shooter on the move within the Volunteer’s off ball movement-heavy sets, but showed the ability to do a little bit of everything as a senior exploiting mismatches, filling lanes in transition, and showing growth as a passer.
- Scrappy defender who brings great effort and intensity. Moves his feet well on the perimeter and has the strength and physicality to be a factor mixing it up on the glass even when he’s playing small forward.
- Has a bit of versatility.? Gives up quickness and size in some matchups, but plays with a competitive streak.? More comfortable guarding on the ball than off it.? Allowed only 0.66 points per one-on-one possession.? Very aggressive with his hands in spots.? Showing some anticipation in the passing lanes.?
- One of five finalists for the 2018-19 Julius Erving Small Forward of the Year Award.
- Candidate for the Wooden (top 20) and Naismith (top 30) National Player of the Year awards.
- Selected 2018-19 AP All-America Honorable Mention.
- 2018-19 All-SEC First Team selection by the coaches as a Senior; Second Team choice by the media as a Senior and Junior.
- Ranks seventh in Tennessee history in threes made (184) and three-point percentage (38.7).?
- Ranked fifth in the SEC in scoring (16.5 ppg) and field goal percentage (47.4).
- Led the SEC and ranked 31st in the country in field goals made (238).
- Two-time SEC Player of the Week.
- Scored a career-high 30 points with six three-pointers in a win against No. 1 Gonzaga (Dec. 9).?
- Has superb strength and solid quickness.
- Very tough and competitive.
- Solid positional rebounder and versatile defender.
- Plays bigger than his height.?
- Born in the same London hospital (St. Mary’s) where Princess Diana gave birth to Princes William and Harry.
- Father, Anthony, is a retired Senior Chief with U.S. Navy.
- Brother, O'Brien, played seven seasons in the NFL, earning a Super Bowl ring with the Seattle Seahawks.?